Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Inspiration pt.2: Taesoo Kim



I've decided to give props to another friend of mine, who can draw circles around anyone I know. He's also one of the most modest people I have ever met, and he's about to be a father within a week. He and his wife Michelle are two of my very favorite people in the world as he is one of my favorite artists.

I met Taesoo at Disney, and immediately he pissed me off. Not by anything he said, but it was how f%$#in' amazing he could draw. We got along right away. We would sit and do drawing challenges, by saying, "OK, draw a Leprechaun”, or “Draw, a Platypus", or whatever, and we'd compare drawings. I'd be humbled every time. He's one of those guys that can draw anything.

Since I've known him, we have worked on many projects together and have learned so much from him. He is the Co-Creator along with myself and our friend Ed Acosta of a character we’ve been pitching for an animated series, called "Whaleboy". I have high hopes that this character will take off, cause it would be such a pleasure to work along with someone as talented as Tae again.

I also just want Taesoo and Michelle to know that my thoughts are with them during the birth of their son Tesoo Jr. You guys are going to be fantastic parents. I can’t wait to meet Lil’ Tae.

Here are some of his drawings from his sketchbook. Check out Tae’s Blog at www.taesookim.blogspot.com and www.michelleyi.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Calvin said...

Thanks for the post, really effective info.
his site | check | site