Monday, October 03, 2005

Inspiration: Stephen Silver



Every week, I'm gonna try to give props to fellow artists who have been an inspiration to me. Certain artists you might not have heard about. Other artists, like this guy, Mr Stephen Silver you have.

I met Stephen at the Animation Academy in Burbank, and was immediately blown away by his work. I remember all the students and teachers surrounding his portfolio in awe of his artistic abilities. A year or two later, I would start to go sketching with Stephen, Justin Ridge, Sean Charmatz and Chad Woods from Nickelodeon during our lunch hour. We'd always be searching for the best places to draw, be it Starbucks,Hooters, Costco, or any other place, where interesting characters might be lurking. During that time I learned much from him, and we also became good friends. He has since been working at Sony, designing characters for a feature film, which will surely look incredible.

Stephen has also shown me a lot about self publishing. He truly encouraged me to self publish my own sketchbook, and the business that goes along with it. It's rare to meet such a patient artist so willing to share their knowledge with others, the way Stephen has, and I can't express how much I've appreciated it.

These two caricatures of me were generously drawn in his books that I got from him. BAM!!! He just busted these out on the spot. Pretty amazing stuff. Thanks man! Let's get together and draw soon!

Check out his blog at www.stephensilver.blogspot.com or his website at www.silvertoons.com.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are You a Palm OS Developer New to Windows Mobile?
If you are a Palm OS application developer and are new to Windows Mobile, this page includes several resources that will help you get started.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

rafi z said...

Perfect caricature! Crazy. Even got how you're always trying to look around those glasses. I give up.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛